viernes, 16 de octubre de 2015




A visit to the Book fair. 
On Thursday October 15, I attended the International Book Fair in Monterrey. It was a curious experience because I never been to a book fair so big before, when I was in Jr. high we use to have book fairs in school I remember them being smaller but yet full of different experiences, that attracted you to at least buy a book. I’m not much of reader at but every time the book fair came to our school I bought a book and read it so I think that at least in my personal experience it achieved its purpose to make non readers read and readers read more.
So Now that I attended the International Book Fair in Cintermex, it was some how the same experience as when I was in Jr. High You could see many of the big book store names like Gandhi and Porrua, but you could see more local , international and national book store too, as well as Universities stands and a symposium for greet and meets with authors and Story tellers for kids or  “cuenta cuentos” as we call them here in Mexico, I attended the Book fair on Thursday morning, So it was full of schools that made the trip to bring their students to this experience it was packed,  you could barely walk, kids running around and lifting every book they could find, however it really didn't bother me at all I could easily look around in the different stands and stores and find some interesting books and topics of my  preference.

            As I explained earlier I’m not much of a reader but nevertheless I found a book that caught my attention and bought it, it's a book that a friend suggested for me, I hope it can meet my expectations and start a little reading habit in me, I usually read biographies or autobiographies, and this is more of a fictional novel so let’s see how it goes. furthermore, it was a good experience and like in other years it achieved its purpose and made a non reader read.  


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario